Re: dpkg path-exclude

On 09/15/2018 09:41 AM, Marc Haber wrote:
Can you share some command lines and/or scripts and/or configuration
files please?

This is what I use for a few Docker image builds:

   $ cat /etc/dpkg/dpkg.cfg.d/10local-exclude
   path-exclude=/usr/share/doc/*
   path-exclude=/usr/share/man/*
   path-include=/usr/share/doc/*/copyright
   path-exclude=/usr/share/locale/*
   path-include=/usr/share/locale/en/*
   path-include=/usr/share/locale/en_US/*

and it seems to work fine. They're processed in order, so that excludes all the documentation except the copyright file, as well as locales we don't use, and manual packages (no need for in a Docker image). This works at least as far back as Wheezy.