Re: Limiting the size of installed changelogs

On Fri, 14 Sep 2018, Marc Haber wrote:
> Has anybody gotten dpkg path-exclude to work?

Yes. It's been a long time that I have not used it but the main problem
is that to be effective the option must be used right from the start (i.e.
already at the debootstrap stage) otherwise you have to manually cleanup
the excluded files (at the time when you put the option in dpkg's
configuration file).

(I don't remember if reinstalling all the packaes achieves the desired
result too)

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer