Re: Updating the policy for conflicting binaries names ? [was: Re: Re: New package netgen-lvs with binary /usr/bin/netgen - already taken]

Le 12/09/2018 à 23:31, Adrian Bunk a écrit :
> On Wed, Sep 12, 2018 at 09:18:13PM +0100, Chris Lamb wrote:
>> Dear Adrian,
> Dear Chris,
>
>>> This is fake news.
>> Please try and avoid casual use of this term on Debian lists.
>>
>> Whilst I understand your meaning and intentions, the term has now been
>> so overused and overapplied and has been evacuated of all useful
>> meaning.
>>
>> Indeed, its use now appears to only distract & unnecessarily antagonise
>> readers and should probably be considered an illegal move in civilised
>> or otherwise productive conversation.
> I thought this would would have been less offensive than the normal
> "This is a lie." when a statement is the exact opposite of the
> truth (compare [1] with the claim "no upstream release since 2013"),
> but as non-native speaker I accept your explanation that I was wrong
> on that.

It was just a mistake in my side. I was confused by the letters in the
version
and the absence of uploads in 2015, 2016 & 2017.

By the way, thanks Chris!

Sylvestre