Re: Let's start salvaging packages! -- disucssion phase closing soon.

Tobias Frost <tobi@debian.org> writes:

> On Mon, Sep 03, 2018 at 08:17:24AM -0300, David Bremner wrote:

>> OK, I understand the reasoning, but I hope we can improve the wording on
>> both sides a bit so it's clear that the rule is "use your judgement, and
>> if you're not sure about your judgement, refer to these numbers in the
>> wiki, which represent a current concensus". Assuming my summary is
>> correct, of course.
>
> Yes, your summary is correct. I'm happy to make the wording a bit more
> clearer and start by shamelessly stealing your sentence as a base for it
> ;-)

Here's my attempt at rewording your rewording:

<para> You will have to use your judgement as to whether a given
combination factors constitutes neglect; in case the maintainer
disagrees they have only to say so (see below).  If you're not sure
about your judgement or simply want to be on the safe side, there is a
more precise (and conservative) set of conditions in the <ulink
url="&wiki-salvaging-packages;"> wiki</ulink>. These conditions
represent a current Debian concensus on salvaging criteria. In any case
you should explain your reasons for thinking the package is neglected
when you file an Intent to Salvage bug later.
</para>

I thought the changed wiki wording was ok (and easier to change anyway).