Questions about packaging systemd unit files

One of my packages is about to have some systemd unit and timer files
added to it.

Some questions:

1) Am I right in understanding that after modifying or adding any
   systemd unit or timer files, I must run "systemctl daemon-reload"?

2) How is this supposed to be done as part of a debian package
   install?  Should the package maintainer scripts do this in, say,
   the package's postinst file?

3) Should the maintainer scripts call "systemctl daemon-reload"
   directly or is there some way that changes to systemd unit files
   are batched so a single "systemctl daemon-reload" is called when
   dpkg install run is completed?

Thanks!!

					- Ted