Bug#905234: ITP: urbackup-server -- easy to setup backup system (server)
Owner: Roberto Lumbreras <email@example.com>
* Package name : urbackup-server
Version : 2.2.11
Upstream Author : Martin Raiber <Martin@urbackup.org>
* URL : https://www.urbackup.org
* License : AGPL-3+
Programming Lang: C++
Description : easy to setup backup system (server)
UrBackup is an easy to setup Open Source client/server backup system, that
through a combination of full and incremental backups accomplishes both data
safety and a fast restoration time.
Clients are provided for Linux, macOS and Windows. Backups are very fast using
incremental backups that only copies changed files. Windows client also makes
full drive backups, allowing to restore the whole disk with a bootable CD or
USB-Stick (bare metal restore).
- Fast: incremental backups, continuously watches file changes.
- Easy to setup: web interface, client try icon.
- Space efficient: deduplication and compression, using btrfs or ZFS.
- Consistent file and image backups while in use.
- Automatic discovery in local area networks.
- Security: server public key authentication.
- Backups via Internet, with strong authentication and encryption.
- Multi-platform: Windows, Linux, FreeBSD, macOS.