Re: Should the weboob package stay in Debian?

Quack,

On 2018-07-25 22:35, Jonathan Dowland wrote:

I think it would be worthwhile to file a BTS bug so it can be easily
tracked which versions of the package we distribute still carry this
bug, so I will do that.

Agreed, we should ensure all fixes are in all versions and I'd be glad to have some help.

Upstream agreed to fix the referenced problem without discussing, which is encouraging. So we should check the messages further and report them to have them fixed if any other insult slipped through.

I think the next best step for this particular suggestion would be for
me to take it upstream, and, assuming it meets with some kind of
positive response, I would also be happy to work towards implementing
it. So I will raise this in upstream's Gitlab.

You're welcome to try convincing them. They were clear they did not want to rename but maybe they could agree on having a variant of the binaries along with the original ones. I also like the idea of a single binary with subcommands, would be easier than remembering all the commands.

But as I said unless upstream does agree on something, we're not going to maintain an alternate version.

\_o<

--
Marc Dequènes