Re: Should the weboob package stay in Debian?

Quack,

On 2018-07-22 19:16, Rens Houben wrote:
In other news for Sun, Jul 22, 2018 at 09:39:51AM +0900, Marc Dequènes

{ A whole lot of refuge in technicalities snipped }

There was no "technicalities". I decided to explain my decision and not base it on vague feelings or emotional outburst but on this:
  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argumentation_theory

No one in this entire thread was asking that this software be removed.

As explained earlier this thread starts in debian-private and I can assure you this was raised.

Instead, all along the suggestion has been "Rename some of the programs
because Debian is not run by a bunch of puerile twelve-year-olds who get
their sense of humor from Beavis and Butthead"

For some it was an acceptable stopgap, for others a temporary solution, but as upstream is unwilling to rename this would mean an endless and painful chore. Also when do you stop renaming? Would having all binaries, package names and descriptions, manpages, --help, and so on, so quite a lot of horrible work to maintain over time…. enough? I'm pretty sure there would be some to object having Python code with readable puerile things in it.

So that's true I did not explain this: I'm already struggling to have enough "spoons" to do useful things in Debian and other projects, so I'm not going to consider this non-solution.

I've drawn the line and if the software happens to go beyond it and upstream refuses to fix in a timely manner I will myself remove it from the archive. I may also refine my criteria and reevaluate later.

\_o<

--
Marc Dequènes