Re: packages which have not been rebuild since December 2016

Hi Paul,

On Fri, Jun 01, 2018 at 08:17:48PM +0200, Paul Gevers wrote:
> It helps to spot things. I notice:
>    siridb-connector (U)
> which wasn't even in Debian until February this year. Your original list

February 2018 even, ouch

> says:
> siridb-connector needs rebuild (no .buildinfo)
>
> So apparently the (binary) build that I uploaded (this is still the only
> upload) didn't contain the .buildinfo. That makes at least your subject
> (in this case) ambiguous. True, the package hasn't been rebuild ever,
> but maybe some have but are lacking the .buildinfo due to tooling issues
> we had/have? Maybe we need to fix those first?

yes, probably. As it was 2018 (and not 2017) I think it's highly
unlikely that your build didnt produce a .buildinfo file, so it means it
must have gone lost somewhere on the way.

Do you by chance still have the old changes file and can check whether
it included the .buildinfo file?

> Another thing, you probably thought about it, but if we care for the
> buster release, why not use testing instead of sid? Are you afraid stuff
> starts moving to testing suddenly?

We just always tend to look at sid, because that's how buster will be in
the future. From our POV there is not really a difference as (usually)
builds happen in sid only anyway, so the only relevant diff between
buster and sid (for us here) is that buster has a bit less packages, so
the stats look better.

(sid has 28043 packages in main, while buster has 26621.)

--
cheers,
	Holger