Re: Dealing with ci.d.n for package regressions

Hi Ian,

On 04-05-18 13:08, Ian Jackson wrote:
> Ian Jackson writes ("Re: Dealing with ci.d.n for package regressions"):
>> I hadn't realissed that _test_ dependencies would trigger retests, as
>> well as actual package dependencies.
>
> Having read Mattia's message, and looking at the Testsuite-Triggers
> line which is autogenerated in dgit.dsc, I see that actual package
> dependencies are not included.
>
> That seems wrong to me.  foo/debian/tests/control will normally
> declare a dependency on foo (perhaps by saying `@'); it then won't
> normally mention all of foo's dependencies.

I am not 100% sure (I would have to find the old discussion of before my
involvement), but I think the reason is that the normal triggers are
otherwise available to britney. So this field (as $(man dsc) says) only
stores the TEST dependencies.

> The result of the current behaviour is that regressions introduced by
> test framework code are more likely to be detected than regressions
> introduced by ordinary dependencies.

I don't think so, but let me look up the code:
https://salsa.debian.org/release-team/britney2/blob/master/britney2/policies/autopkgtest.py
(line 354 to 446 at commit e51a3b91)

Starting at line 413 britney adds the reverse dependencies of the
package under consideration.

Paul