Re: alioth deprecation - next steps

On Tue, Apr 17, 2018 at 11:37:40PM +0200, Bill Allombert wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 17, 2018 at 10:31:58PM +0100, James Clarke wrote:
> > Even the wiki page you linked there states that GitLab "allows extra
> > files to be attached to the tag".
>
> But it does not say how.
> Research shows that while gitlab has plan to implement the feature, it is
> not actually implemented yet.

I don't appreciate the selective quoting. Here's what I actually said in
full:

> On Tue, Apr 17, 2018 at 10:31:58PM +0100, James Clarke wrote:
> > Or take your tag and turn it into a release; the process is even nicely
> > documented[0], Bill, so perhaps you should get your facts straight before
> > complaining about this. I don't really care, but I imagine comments like
> > that are demoralising for those who put countless hours into providing
> > and maintaining all the services we take for granted in the project.
> > Even the wiki page you linked there states that GitLab "allows extra
> > files to be attached to the tag".
> >
> > Regards,
> > James
> >
> > [0] https://docs.gitlab.com/ce/workflow/releases.html

See that thing there? That's a link. To documentation. It tells you how
to do the thing you want, which has been implemented since 8.something,
I believe. Yes, the Debian wiki *could* tell you how to do that, and I
may do so tomorrow if nobody beats me to it, but at the end of the day
you're a developer who's supposed to be able to find relevant
documentation. It's not like GitLab is an obscure piece of software that
nobody else has ever tried using. Show some initiative.

James