Re: Urging for solution to the slow NEW queue process

Il 11/04/2018 09:44, Andrey Rahmatullin ha scritto:
> On Wed, Apr 11, 2018 at 07:08:21AM +0000, Lumin wrote:
>> Briefly speaking, if a DD was told that "Thank you for your contribution
>> to Debian but please wait for at least 2 months so that your package
>> can enter the archive.", will the DD still be motivated working on NEW
>> packages??? Please convince me if you think that doesn't matter.
> But most DDs already know about this?
>
>> Let's have a look a this chart[2]. Obviously the NEW queue became
>> somewhat weirdly long since about a year ago. We can also move
>> to the middle part of this page[3] where we can estimate a median
>> number of time for a package to wait in the NEW queue. The median is
>> **2 month**. Things has been going in the BAD direction compared
>> to the past.
> There are 287 packages on that page.
> 154 of them have "node-" in the name.

Thank you for pointing out !

The pkg-javascript team is working hard to bring to Debian or keep within Debian useful tools such as gitlab, etherpad, buildbot 1.x and signal-desktop (that's an electron app).

Here I only listed stuff that is already worked on.
More useful stuff keeps coming out from the javascript ecosystem, the latest that I stumbled upon is scuttlebutt referenced here:
http://joeyh.name/blog/entry/extending_Scuttlebutt_with_Annah/

The number of tiny node-* packages required is indeed staggering.

Paolo