Re: New lintian warning: vcs-deprecated-in-debian-infrastructure

On Sat, 24 Mar 2018 at 11:02:17 +0100, Alexander Wirt wrote:
> On Sat, 24 Mar 2018, Ole Streicher wrote:
> > Given the fact that nobody strongly questioned the limitation of
> > salsa.d.o to git (and therefore the requirement to migrate from other
> > VCSs), I would have no objection against git.d.o -- if using
> > programmatically (f.e. via Python) you anyway rely on the specific VCS
> > API.
>
> Unfortunately that will never work properly for git:// or ssh+git://

I'm not sure that's really a problem? Lintian already gives us warnings
if the Vcs-Git isn't https://, because git:// doesn't have integrity
protection and ssh+git:// isn't open to the public.

(DDs and other contributors with Salsa accounts can use insteadOf or
pushInsteadOf to switch https:// URLs to git+ssh:// if they want to.)

    smcv