Re: What can Debian do to provide complex applications to its users?

Le mardi, 27 février 2018, 14.13:41 h CET Didier 'OdyX' Raboud a écrit :
> tl;dr: a new package format is needed, with a new non-suite-specific
> repository is needed to bring the Debian added-value to these ecosystems.

FTR, my current line of thought and understanding is that guix or nix do
pretty much what is needed here, and it would be silly to start something from
scratch.

I plan to spend some brain time playing with guix and report back; I'm aware
of:

* https://bugs.debian.org/850644 for guix
* https://bugs.debian.org/877019 for nix
* Diane Trout's efforts 2 years ago on https://github.com/detrout/debian-guix