Packaging examples

Hey list,

I would like to ship some example files with my package. My Makefile.am
has something to the effect of...

    examplesdir=$(docdir)/examples
    examples_DATA = \
        $(srcdir)/Data/Examples/some_example_file \

    EXTRA_DIST = \
        $(examples_DATA) \

This installs the example files as expected in
/usr/share/doc/foo/examples/, but I was still left to wonder what the
best practise was given that dh_installexamples(1) exists and seems to
want to do the same based on the contents of debian/foo.examples?

--
Kip Warner | Senior Software Engineer
OpenPGP signed/encrypted mail preferred