Re: Raising the problem of Debian Single Sign On + Alioth (again)

On Fri, 23 Feb 2018, Jonathan McDowell wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 23, 2018 at 06:54:29PM +0100, Alexander Wirt wrote:
> > >
> > > Please do not switch Alioth off, nor disable creation of new
> > > accounts on alioth, until then. Being able to get a SSO certificate
> > > as a non-DD is currently a required step to become a DD.
>
> > Then the dd process should get fixed, not making again something to a
> > backend which isn't meaned like that (we had the same problem with
> > alioth and debconf).
>
> Like it or not Alioth provides more services than just hosting
> repositories. One of these is authentication. Enrico has made a
> concerted effort to work out how Salsa can be used in a similar manner
> as Alioth to provide that authentication behaviour, with as little
> effort on the part of all concerned as possible, and your response is
> that you don't want Salsa to be used for that.
>
> This is absolutely the Salsa team's choice to make, but you have to
> accept that as a result once Alioth is turned off there will be no way
> for prospective DMs or DDs to authenticate to nm.debian.org.
thats nonsense. alioth clearly showed that in the past, noone knows that
better than me. Because we would have to support it.

> The attitude of "well nothing to do with us, the NM team should sort it
> out" is not appreciated.
Thats nonsense, I am working on an sso replacement for some time, since
nobody stepped in when we asked for it.

Alex