Re: Extended Long Term Support for Wheezy

Hi Raphael

On Thu, Feb 22, 2018 at 02:57:07PM +0100, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> > I would however suggest that it should not be part of the normal mirror
> > area, since:
> Ack on all this. That's why I suggested to keep only the part on
> security.debian.org and drop the part on the main mirror.

This would mean all the still supported packages will need to be
imported into security.debian.org.  I don't think this is a good idea.

> But we can also consider setting up slts.debian.org (Super Long Term
> Maintenance) and move wheezy entirely over there.

I would first think about a new suite on the main archive, wheezy-slts,
where only the supported packages remain.

> Could this be a new DAK install managed by ftp-masters that would
> be continued to be signed with the official wheezy key?

The Wheezy key expires "pretty soon"[tm].  They would need to migrate to
a new key anyway.

| pub   rsa4096 2012-04-27 [SC] [expires: 2020-04-25]
|       A1BD 8E9D 78F7 FE5C 3E65  D8AF 8B48 AD62 4692 5553
| uid           [ unknown] Debian Archive Automatic Signing Key (7.0/wheezy) <ftpmaster@debian.org>

>                                                         Otherwise
> it will be harder for users to transition if they have to install
> a new key. Or is there a way to let another team manage the repository and
> still get official signatures of the repositories?

Unlikely.

Bastian

--
Military secrets are the most fleeting of all.
		-- Spock, "The Enterprise Incident", stardate 5027.4