Re: Spam targeting nnn-done@bugs.d.o

On Wed, Feb 21, 2018 at 10:53:49AM -0800, Don Armstrong wrote:
> On Wed, 21 Feb 2018, Sven Joachim wrote:
> > In fact, I am quite surprised that the current spam wave has been
> > lasting for so long, those messages should be quite easy to filter
> > out.
>
> I dropped in a filter for these messages on Saturday; I personally
> haven't seen any since I dropped in the filter, but I haven't been
> watching all of the bugs.
>
> On Wed, 21 Feb 2018, Tobias Frost wrote:
> > How's about for starting blocking attachment that are kind of unusual
> > for the FOSS world, like spreadsheets from MS products, zip files.. or
> > mime-type application/octet-stream?
>
> We basically already do this with our ZIPFILE, MSWORD, and ZIPCOMPRESSED
> rules:
>
> https://salsa.debian.org/debbugs-team/antispam/spamassassin_config/blob/master/common/virus_spam#L115

Another question came to my mind: When I use the "this bug log contains spam"... Where
does it end? Is it then manually filtered or used as input for better rules?
If there is something manually involved, how can someone help here?
Couldn't find docs for that....

> Speaking on behalf of owner@, we're always looking more assistance in
> creating better SA rules. Our configuration is publicly available.[1]
> [I've just started moving it from alioth to salsa, so the git urls will
> change slightly.]

Thanks for the pointer how to contribute!