Re: A few questions about building Debian-Based Distro

On 19/02/2018 19:25, Project Echo wrote:
> Hey Debian Developers!

Hi! This list is for the development of Debian, please rather use a more
appropriate list, like debian-derivatives for questions regarding
derivatives, custom spins, pure blends, etc.

> I have a few questions about making a Debian-Based Distro
>
> 1.Do you make a ISO of Debian without anything installed?, Just the base
> Operating System, I need this as I want to make my Debian-Based Distro
>
> 2.While Rebranding Debian, What are the files I have to re brand?. Also
> will I fall under any issues if I distribute it for free? (Of course I
> will be crediting Debian and it's creators)
>
> 3.If I did rebrand Debian, Will the Operating system have errors
> installing .Deb files?

https://wiki.debian.org/Derivatives/Guidelines may be of help, as would
the other pages on https://wiki.debian.org/Derivatives

Good luck!

-Jonathan

--
  ⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀  Jonathan Carter (highvoltage) <jcc>
  ⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁  Debian Developer - https://wiki.debian.org/highvoltage