Re: Repackaging upstream source with file modifications?

On Mon, Feb 12, 2018 at 10:28:33AM +0000, Colin Watson wrote:
> Does this seem like a reasonable way forward, or should I instead just
> apply the backport as an ordinary patch and override
> license-problem-non-free-RFC for the patch file?

Thanks for the feedback, everyone.  While I do like Raphaël's automated
replacement approach, I kind of want to have to write and test as little
code as possible, and the fact that there are tools that already support
the simple Files-Excluded approach is appealing; plus most people seem
to prefer the latter.  So, despite the fact that it's a little more work
to manage in git, I've gone with a grub2_2.02+dfsg1.orig.tar.xz that
simply removes the encumbered files, and inserted an initial patch with
replacement implementations.

Hopefully my upstream patch will be accepted so that this is irrelevant
for later versions!