Re: What can Debian do to provide complex applications to its users?

Michael Meskes, on sam. 17 févr. 2018 13:57:53 +0100, wrote:
> > Minification is quite comparable to compilation. I will give you some
> > examples from my frustration with Drupal8 in this answer. This can no
> > longer be seen as source code:
>
> I disagree, it is not maintainable source code, yes, but source code
> nonetheless. According to wikipedia source code is:
>
> In computing, source code is any collection of computer instructions,
> possibly with comments, written using[1] a human-readable programming
> language, usually as plain text.

And according to the GPL, it is

“
The source code for a work means the preferred form of the work for
making modifications to it.
”

minified source is definitly not that.

That's not something one can maintain anyway, so really not source code.

You could as well claim that you can modify binary ELF files: for the
processor, it's source code.

Samuel