Re: What can Debian do to provide complex applications to its users?

On Fri, Feb 16, 2018 at 07:26:35PM +0100, Innocent De Marchi wrote:
> I believe that the right way is to
> convince developers of the need to generate applications that respect
> the principles of free code.
Note that we don't want "applications that respect the principles of free
code", we specifically require DFSG, and a specific interpretation of it,
which is not the same as just "free software"/"open source".

> And another strategy, is to get developers to write "specifically" for
> Debian.
I don't think this is feasible.

--
WBR, wRAR