Re: What can Debian do to provide complex applications to its users?

On Fri, Feb 16, 2018 at 08:21:19PM +0100, W. Martin Borgert wrote:
This is true. We would have to be clear, that security support
would have to be limited to one (the latest?) version. This is
still a difference to some arbitrary compressed js files with no
source code, no copyright information etc. which people use when
there is no Debian package at all.

That's exactly what I was objecting to--the end user will then install the package from debian in good faith and have no idea whether it's on the "not really supported" list. I'd much rather have them install it from a third party (most of which nowadays have some sort of update mechanism).

Mike Stone