Re: How to report bugs with the new git repo?

On Thu, Feb 15, 2018 at 09:00:28AM -0600, Pavlo Solntsev wrote:
> I am very excited to see that Debian has moved to GitLab (
> https://salsa.debian.org). With this change, I am wondering how bug report
> process should look like?
I don't think anything has changed.

>  Now, I want to submit patches to packages, e.g.
> libgdamm. What would be the best process: submit a patch via push request
> in the Debian repo, or push patches to upstream?
If the question is "whether I should send the changes to the upstream
authors or to the maintainer" then nothing has changed.
If the question is "how should I send a patch to the maintainer" then a
pull request is just one of the available ways, and the best one was
always opening a bug report in the BTS, sending the changes in some other
way directly to the maintainer was always possible too.

--
WBR, wRAR