Conditions for testing migration

Hello guys,

I encountered a weird situation where a package
doesn't migrate to testing:

  Assume source package "sA" yields binary
  package "bA" with Architecture=any. "sA"
  turns to be a valid candidate to migrate.

  Source package "sB" yields binary package
  "bB" with Architecture=all Depends=bA.
  Pakcage "sB" is not considered to migrate.

For instance, package lua-torch-xlua[3]
(= 0~20160719-g41308fe-4) is an Arch=all
package which depends on lua-torch-torch7
(arch=any). lua-torch-torch7 is shipped by
testing, but lua-torch-xlua doesn't migrate[4].
I tried to change Arch to any in the
0~20160719-g41308fe-5 upload to figure out
whether the missing of dependency in some
release architectures such as i386 caused
this situation, but the answer is no.

I cannot find useful information about testing
migration in policy[1]. Devref[2] listed some
conditions for a valid migration candidate.
However that doesn't explain what I encountered.

Does anyone known how to handle such situation?
Does devref need an update about migration?

A similar topic was sent to d-mentors by @olebole
a month ago but there was no response[5].
So I'm sending this to devel.

Thank you.

[1] https://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/
[2] https://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/developers-reference/ch05.en.html#testing