Re: Removing packages perhaps too aggressively?

On Sat, Feb 03, 2018 at 11:07:37PM +0100, Adam Borowski wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 03, 2018 at 06:04:42PM +0100, Bernd Zeimetz wrote:
> > and/or open an rc bug
>
> This sounds like an abuse to me.

Why would it be? You're always allowed to open a bug with "serious"
severity under the "in the opinion of the maintainer, this bug is
problematic enough to warrant RC-ness" definition. I've occasionally
used that to prevent a package of mine from migrating to testing for a
few days, even though there wasn't anything RC-wrong with it as such.

"I don't think this package is as useful anymore as it once was, and we
should get rid of it" sounds like a perfectly valid use of the "serious"
severity to me.

--
Could you people please use IRC like normal people?!?

  -- Amaya Rodrigo Sastre, trying to quiet down the buzz in the DebConf 2008
     Hacklab