Re: Removing packages perhaps too aggressively?

On Thursday, February 01, 2018 11:56:21 AM Paul Wise wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 1, 2018 at 3:14 AM, Andrej Shadura wrote:
> > For example
>
> Here is another example of a low-quality RM bug; removal at request of
> the maintainer, with no reason stated.
>
> https://bugs.debian.org/887554
>
> As a result of this, DSA has to resort to stretch or snapshot.d.o for
> out-of-band access to our s390x machines.

As the FTP team member that processed that removal, I can tell you I think
it's perfectly fine.  I don't think the FTP team should be in the business of
second guessing maintainers that say their packages should be removed.

If it's important, someone who cares enough should re-introduce the package.

Scott K