Re: Removing packages perhaps too aggressively?

On Thu, Feb 1, 2018 at 5:18 PM, Philipp Kern wrote:

> Oh wow, I didn't realize x3270 got removed. :(
> I agree that you shouldn't second-guess, but I think you can at least
> enforce some comment to be present. As someone who now ponders to
> re-introduce the package I have zero context as well as to why the
> package got removed and if it's sensible to re-introduce it in the first
> place.

I was told that there are several reasons for the removal, but wasn't
told what they were.

If you do reintroduce it, please note the extra steps (reopening bugs
in particular) and that it belongs in main instead of non-free:

https://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/developers-reference/pkgs.html#reintroducing-pkgs
https://bugs.debian.org/848103

--
bye,