Re: Removing packages perhaps too aggressively?

On 01/02/18 10:45, Emilio Pozuelo Monfort wrote:
> On 01/02/18 09:45, Andrej Shadura wrote:

>>> So there was plenty of time to fix them.
>>>
>>> Why would filing a third RC bug (the "proposed-RM") and waiting one
>>> month more change anything?  Why would someone turn up to fix them now?
>>
>> Why not? I *was* already doing just that, but with an RM bug filed
>> elsewhere, I was unable to know it's about to be removed. I would have
>> reacted and closed it before the package's got removed.
>
> Doesn't the PTS^Wtracker service already do that? I.e. notify when an RM bug is
> opened. At least it warns on the web interface, and I think I have seen email
> notifications about it too. So you only need to subscribe to those packages that
> interest you.

I hope you're not going to suggest I subscribe to bug reports for each
and every package I value so that I don't miss a potential removal notice?

I'd much prefer something like what we already have for WNPP stats. By
the way, if the ITR proposal is implemented how it was originally
suggested (against WNPP package), ITR bugs will probably be
(semi)automagically included in the reports at no additional effort.

--
Cheers,
  Andrew