Re: Removing packages perhaps too aggressively?

On 01/02/18 09:45, Andrej Shadura wrote:
> On 01/02/18 09:40, Ansgar Burchardt wrote:
>> Andrej Shadura writes:

>>> True, it hasn't. But if you look a little bit closer, you'll see both RC
>>> bugs it had were quite trivial to fix: two sourceless files (would be
>>> fixed by linking them to the packaged versions instead), and an failed
>>> attempt to download a build-dep (actually, fixed by an NMU while fixing
>>> another bug, just never marked as done).
>>
>> So there was plenty of time to fix them.
>>
>> Why would filing a third RC bug (the "proposed-RM") and waiting one
>> month more change anything?  Why would someone turn up to fix them now?
>
> Why not? I *was* already doing just that, but with an RM bug filed
> elsewhere, I was unable to know it's about to be removed. I would have
> reacted and closed it before the package's got removed.

Doesn't the PTS^Wtracker service already do that? I.e. notify when an RM bug is
opened. At least it warns on the web interface, and I think I have seen email
notifications about it too. So you only need to subscribe to those packages that
interest you.

Cheers,
Emilio