Re: Compiler with Spectre mitigation retpoline/-mindirect-branch=thunk

Hi!

On Wed, 2018-01-31 at 07:35:32 +0100, Philipp Hahn wrote:
> Using parallel build (-jX) fails for us, so it takes ~13h to compile
> that gcc. I was told to use '-J' instead, but that is not supported by
> dpkg-buildpackage in Debian-Stretch :-(

dpkg-buildpackage does support -J in stretch (starting with dpkg 1.18.2).

But if -jN breaks, that's because the package is not parallel build
safe, so using -J will not improve things, as the package has not
opted in (or has opted out depending on the debhelper used) from
parallel builds anyway.

Thanks,
Guillem