Re: Why do we list individual copyright holders?

Matt Zagrabelny writes ("Re: Why do we list individual copyright holders?"):
> On Tue, Jan 16, 2018 at 10:53 AM, Ian Jackson <ijackson@chiark.greenend.org.uk>
> wrote:
>
>     But I'm a hardy soul who is quite prepared to see a warning and decide
>     to ignore it :-).
>
>     My view is that the purpose of a warning is to alert you to something,
>     so you can decide what to do about it.
>
> What is the difference between "warn" and "info", then?

What I wrote above applies to most if not all messages from lintian,
even "error".  The severities help a contributor to prioritise if they
have only a limited amount of time to spend on polishing, or need to
do an upload in a hurry (eg a security update), or something.

Ian.