Re: Why do we list individual copyright holders?

Hello,

On Tue, Jan 02 2018, Markus Koschany wrote:

> The changelog is something which can be naturally derived from the
> changes made to a source package and excellent tools like
> git-buildpackage ("gbp dch") make this kind of work rather simple. A
> package description usually doesn't change. Only in rare circumstances
> it has to be adjusted.

Not of all of us use our git commits and changelogs in a way that is
compatible with this.

My git commits are much finer-grained than what I write in the
changelog.  And some commits to not warrant a mention in the changelog
at all -- as the Dev. Ref. says, the changelog is meant to be limited to
user-visible changes.

--
Sean Whitton