Re: Why do we list individual copyright holders?

Andrey Rahmatullin:
> On Mon, Jan 01, 2018 at 08:40:38PM +0100, Jérémy Lal wrote:
>> wouldn't it be simpler to couple debhelper dependency to
>> Standards-Version ?
> There are packages which may break with newer debhelper, but can be easily
> updated to the current policy.

Also, there are packages that deliberately hold back on adopting new
debhelper compat levels because they want to be backportable as-is to
stable (even up to oldoldstable in some cases).

That said, I do agree that a maintainer should have to care about fewer
turning wheels in debian/control than what our current packaging design
requires us to do.

Thanks,
~Niels