Re: salsa.debian.org (git.debian.org replacement) going into beta

On Tue, Dec 26, 2017 at 07:12:06PM +0100, Sven Hoexter wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 26, 2017 at 06:42:42PM +0100, Anton Gladky wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> > > The infrastructure and tools are not good in maintaining such a huge number
> > > of lists.
> >
> > That is OK, but can we then have @lists.alioth.debian.org running
> > or it is planned to disable it also?
>
> There was already a longer discussion about the future of those lists,
> which originated at https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2017/09/msg00004.html
>
> But so far no outcome as far as I followed the discussion.

Progress has been slow for a number of reasons but the current status
is now at <https://wiki.debian.org/Alioth/MailingListContinuation> and
I've just emailing alioth-staff-replacement about whether we can do
an opt-in data migration.

Cheers,
Dominic.