Re: Which files should go in ‘/usr/share/common-licenses/’? (was: Has Copyright summarizing outlived its usefulness?)

Quoting Ben Finney <bignose@debian.org>:
If I understand correctly, the justification of putting a file there
must include that it is overwhelmingly more likely to save *storage
space* overall (by reducing the space in a corresponding number of
‘/usr/share/doc/…/copyright’ files), especially on machines that have
low disk space in ‘/usr/share/’.

Yes. This comes from times, when disk space was expensive.
Times have changed for most systems, and those who work an small
embedded systems (I do!) have brutal methods to solve the problem,
mainly `rm -rf /usr/share/common-licenses/`.