Re: ISO download difficult

El lun., 4 de dic. de 2017 a la(s) 12:19, Thibaut Paumard <thibaut@debian.org> escribió:
Hi,

Le 01/12/2017 à 22:14, Luca Capello a écrit :

> Like the following?
>
>    <https://www.debian.org/releases/stable/debian-installer/>
>
> Which is 3-click away from the main page:

Three clicks away is three clicks too much.

We have a nice "download" button on the front page, suggesting that you
do not need to read the docs before downloading it, and pointing to an
image that will not install a usable system for 99% of new users.

I vote for:
   1- putting the non-free firmware on all our images,
+1
   2- let the installer check whether they are needed,
+1
   3- if yes, let the user decide:

"Your network card/wifi adapter needs non-free spftware to operate. You
may choose to keep this install 100% free software, in which case you
will have no network connection until you plug-in a supported adapter,
or to install the non-free software required to drive your adapter. What
do you prefer?
   [] stay free (no network)
   [] use network (install non-free software)"
+1

Kind regards, Thibaut.

--
Arias Emmanuel