Re: Debian Stretch new user report (vs Linux Mint)

On Sun, 3 Dec 2017 21:17:59 +0100, Thomas Goirand <zigo@debian.org>
wrote:
>The FSF wouldn't be the only one. I at least, and probably a lot of
>Debian contributors, would start hating Debian for promoting hardware
>that needs non-free drivers if the non-free ISO was the default one. If
>this drives some of our users away, never mind, we're doing free
>software, that's what Debian is about.

Debian is also about providing an Universal Operating System, and I
have seen BIG installations of Debian on server farms moving to PragBF
because the Broadcom network chips on those servers required people
jumping through hoops while PragBF just works.

We're actively driving _real_ users, those that also shell out money
to sponsor Debian, away from Debian with those steps.

Greetings
Marc