Re: Debian Stretch new user report (vs Linux Mint)

Simon McVittie writes ("Re: Debian Stretch new user report (vs Linux Mint)"):
> I find it interesting that we're having this conversation at the same
> time as a thread about how there should be a configuration option that
> denies our users the opportunity to choose to install non-free software.

Perhaps you mean: a configuration option that allows a user not to be
nagged to install non-free software.

FAOD I agree that the current situation with install images for random
PCs is quite unsatisfactory, but I don't know how to square the circle.

Ian.