Re: ISO download difficult (was: Debian Stretch new user report (vs Linux Mint))

On 1 December 2017 at 14:39, W. Martin Borgert <debacle@debian.org> wrote:
> Quoting Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org>:
>>
>> It would have been best for him to download the ISO with non-free
>> firmware embedded, do you know how he made the decision to download
>> the ISO without non-free firmware?
>

> Every time I need a Debian ISO, it takes me minutes to find it.
> I didn't even know, that there were an ISO with non-free firmware.
>
> There should be a beautiful ISO download page, e.g.
> https://www.debian.org/download[s]/
> with all architectures and supported releases, similar to
> https://www.ubuntu.com/download
> or
> https://linuxmint.com/download.php

I couldn't agree more.

You all know the big amount of combinations we have:

suite - arch - ISO size/flavour - freeness

suite: stable , testing, whatever
arch: amd64, i386, arm, mips, whatever
size/flavour: DVD, CD-ROM, USB, netinst, whatever
freeness: including or not non-free, whatever

There doesn't seem to be a single page to find all these links.

And that should be easy to fix by anyone with the time, knowledge and
the will to do so.