Re: Debian Stretch new user report (vs Linux Mint)

On December 1, 2017 7:15:04 AM EST, Arturo Borrero Gonzalez <arturo@debian.org> wrote:
>Other thing is the branding topic. I would like to promote usage of
>Debian testing for standard desktop/laptop users in personal
>environments (not for business machines)
>but the 'testing' word scares people. I don't have a valid candidate
>:-(
>
>But we should really point to stable to specific users rather than all
>by default.

Testing doesn't have security support (and since neither the security team nor maintainers can upload to it, it's the most problematic choice from a security support perspective).  I don't think that's suitable to recommend to end users of any sort.

If the label Testing scares some users off to Stable, then I think it's working.

Scott K