Re: Debian Stretch new user report (vs Linux Mint)

On Fri, Dec 01, 2017 at 01:22:03PM +0100, Michael Biebl wrote:
> Am 01.12.2017 um 13:15 schrieb Arturo Borrero Gonzalez:

> >> udisks2 already recommends ntfs-3g. Most major desktops should use and
> >> install udisks2. Which desktop environment did your user install and did
> >> he maybe choose to not install recommends?
> >>

> > I don't really know, I would say gnome.
>
> A default gnome desktop installation will pull in ntfs-3g (you can try
> by running apt install task-gnome-desktop in a chroot).
> If the user had to manually install ntfs-3g, something went wrong.

He mentioned that wifi needed a non-free firmware package after the
install. I would say the installation was done offline, in which case
Recommends: will be happily skipped if the package is not available in
the install media.

Now, I have no idea whether ntfs-3g is on CD/DVD 1 or not. It's been a
while since I installed a system with somethign other than a netinstall
media.