Re: Alioth: the future of mailing lists

On Tue, Sep 19, 2017 at 09:43:46AM +0200, Marc Haber wrote:
> >> I have managed mailman installations for some time so I'm fairly familiar
> >> with how it works, and have some time from November onwards to work on
> >> this which I hope would be enough time to develop and implement a migration
> >> plan. I'm CCing the alioth and DSA teams so they are aware of this.
> >Do you have infrastructure for running it?
>
> How high are the requirements (CPU-, Memory) wise? I guess that one of
> those 5 Euros a month VPSses with 50 Gig Disk and 8 GB RAM would not
> be enough?

We have accounts and are already running systems on the various public
clouds (AWS, GCE, etc). Availability of compute resources really
shouldn't be an issue for us.

I am also willing to help maintain the alioth mailing list service if
necessary.  Maybe we could create a mailing list to coordinate this
effort. ;)

noah