Re: Call for testing: APT 1.5~alpha1/experimental

On Thu, Jun 29, 2017 at 06:04:58PM +0200, Julian Andres Klode wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 29, 2017 at 09:38:31AM +0200, Julian Andres Klode wrote:
> > APT 1.5~alpha1 landed in experimental today(ish). It includes three
> > big changes (one of which, the new https support, is opt-in).
>
> 1.5~alpha2 fixes a critical security issue for people that set
> a custom CaInfo option: Alpha 1 always loaded the system-wide CA
> store, now only the custom one is loaded.

1.5~alpha4 is available now including support for https://
proxies, CONNECT on http(s) proxies, fixing several bugs,
and switching the default https method over (the old one
is installed as curl{,+http,+https} if you install
apt-transport-https). apt now provides apt-transport-https
(versioned) so you can easily remove it even if you have
something depending on it.

Earlier today 1.5~alpha3 fixed a regression introduced
in 1.5~alpha2 (all downloads would fail, complaining about
not being able to read CaInfo - I forgot an 'else' before
the opening brace - sorry).

--
Debian Developer - deb.li/jak | jak-linux.org - free software dev
                  |  Ubuntu Core Developer |