Re: -all driver packages

Le lundi, 12 juin 2017, 23.26:01 h CEST Rebecca N. Palmer a écrit :
> However, those involve Depends relationships (where an -all package is
> needed to allow the option of only installing one) and/or multiple
> depending/recommending packages and a changing set of providers (making
> it desirable to be able to make such changes in one central place).
> Hence, I agree that it wouldn't be worth it for *-microcode.

The printer-driver-all package uses Recommends, but its source package also
builds the printer-driver-all-enforce alternative package that has the same
relations but as Depends. As britney only checks for Depends when verifying
migration requirements, this setup makes sure that the printer-driver-all
package only ever migrates if all its Recommends are satisfied. the -enforce
alternative is not meant to be used by end-users.

--
    OdyX