Re: Switch default installation image link?

On Tue, 6 Jun 2017 13:41:31 +0000, Holger Levsen
<holger@layer-acht.org> wrote:
>On Tue, Jun 06, 2017 at 09:38:29AM -0400, Nikolaus Rath wrote:
>> Personally, I would only ever download a DVD image if I was on a *slow*
>> connection and knew that I had to install to multiple machines.
>
>still then, I would rather use netinst plus a proxy…

Thinking this further, we should probaby have an
Install-Debian-on-multiple-machines virtual appliance / live USB image
with a DHCP/tftp/http server and a proxy to install more than one
Debian system with network boot on a site with bad connectivity. That
way, one would only transfer the barely necessary amount of software,
and only once.

Greetings
Marc