Re: salsa.debian.org (git.debian.org replacement) going into beta

Am 27.12.2017 um 20:49 schrieb Jeremy Bicha:
> On Wed, Dec 27, 2017 at 12:27 PM, Tobias Frost <tobi@debian.org> wrote:
>> How can one easily retrieve a list of packages from a specific team,
>
> The team can make a Tracker team and add their packages individually
> to the team like this:
> https://tracker.debian.org/teams/desktop-themes-team/

That's great indeed. Funny enough, tobi, me and some others discussed
this very topic at the 34c3 Debian meeting and came up with the idea to
add groups functionality to tracker.debian.org. It's awesome to learn
that it already exists :)

Is there a way to have a qa.debian.org overview over a tracker group?
The tracker group page looks quite empty, it doesn't provide any
overview about the packages themselves except their names.

Besides: Is it possible to send mail to
'desktop-themes-team@tracker.debian.org'? Where does it get forwarded?
All addresses in uploaders fields of associated packages?

I still think we should have an way to state that a group is the actual
maintainer of the package *in* the Maintainer field of the package.

Giving a group email address whould here would have the advantage that
our package overview web tools (packages, tracker, qa, ...) would link
to the group page automatically, right?

>> or list all bugs in the scope of the team? (just as two example)
>
> If a team stops using the BTS for bugs and just uses Salsa's Issues
> tracker, you can just go to a page like this (for the Salsa Team)
> https://salsa.debian.org/groups/salsa/-/issues

Phew, shall we really support that? I think we should stick to debbugs
as our single (public) bug tracker. It would be quite confusing if some
packages would use one bug tracker and others another one.

Cheers
 jonas