Re: Is missing SysV-init support a bug?

On 2017-12-30 13:02, Alex Mestiashvili wrote:
> There are some cases when using sysvinit is preferred over systemd.
> AFAIK there is no way drop some capabilities with systemd geared linux
> containers while it is possible with sysvinit.

Unfortunately, on some embedded and/or mobile systems, one has
to stick to an old Linux kernel, even when using the latest user
space. Systemd needs at least Linux 3.13.

I'm not sure, whether missing SysV support is wishlist, minor,
or normal. I would accept normal, but some maintainers would
downgrade severity.

The best solution (IMHO) would be dropping SysV support in all
packages and use systemd-to-sysvinit-converter¹ in case of need.
I never tried it myself, however.

¹https://github.com/akhilvij/systemd-to-sysvinit-converter