Re: salsa.debian.org (git.debian.org replacement) going into beta

On Fri, 2017-12-29 at 12:32 +0100, W. Martin Borgert wrote:

> You are right. It is just not easy to solve this, because this
> information must be available on Debian systems. So it would be
> something in parallel to downloaded Packages files, right? And
> who generates this file(?) based on which information?

No. Since debtags are imported into Packages/Sources, it shouldn't be
hard to do the same as debtags for other Packages/Sources fields too.

I would guess it would also be possible to use values from packages for
most of them and then add overrides that would be used until the value
from the package changes.

For watch files there was the sepwatch alioth project, but that is no
longer used since watch file processing was moved to udd.

https://wiki.debian.org/qa.debian.org/HowToHelpWithFixingWatchFiles

The same approach could be used for other fields, a git repository
containing the overrides, which is imported by ftp-master and merged
into the package information, which is then exported to the archive.

--
bye,
pabs

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise