Re: ISO download difficult (was: Debian Stretch new user report (vs Linux Mint))

On Fri, Dec 01, 2017 at 10:14:21PM +0100, Luca Capello wrote:
> > > It would have been best for him to download the ISO with non-free
> > > firmware embedded, do you know how he made the decision to download
> > > the ISO without non-free firmware?
> >
> > Every time I need a Debian ISO, it takes me minutes to find it.
> > I didn't even know, that there were an ISO with non-free firmware.
> >
> > There should be a beautiful ISO download page, e.g.
> > https://www.debian.org/download[s]/
> > with all architectures and supported releases, similar to
> > https://www.ubuntu.com/download
> > or
> > https://linuxmint.com/download.php
>
> Like the following?
>
>   <https://www.debian.org/releases/stable/debian-installer/>
Note "I didn't even know, that there were an ISO with non-free firmware."
And I'm 100% sure someone who wants to install Linux for the first time
won't even think about whether they need some special non-official image
to do that.

> However, given that no one reads the documentation today, but it relies
> on search engines, the first result in DuckDuckGo (and FWIW in Google as
> well) for "Debian Firmware" gives...
This implies someone will actually search for that before trying an
install and asking why there is no network.

--
WBR, wRAR